The mission of the Bachelor of Science program in Biology is to provide a broad background in Biology with sufficient flexibility to satisfy a wide variety of individual interests and career objectives. This is accomplished through a combination of required courses and electives. The curriculum prepares students for entry level employment in biological related fields, for independent study and research through interaction with scholars and experts in their discipline, and for entry into medical, dental, pharmacy, and graduate schools.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a broad based knowledge of concepts and terminology in cellular, molecular, organismal, and ecological biology;
- Analyze, solve problems, understand relationships, and interpret information in the biological sciences and supporting fields;
- Communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner both orally and in writing.
Dual Degree Programs
- Boston University, College of Medicine (BS/Medical Doctor) - Early Admission
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine (BS/Doctor of Podiatric Medicine)
- Texas Chiropractic College (BS/Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine)