Requirements for Bachelor of Science in Public Health – Health Sciences
Complete a total of 126 credit hours of coursework for graduation.
- Students in the Bachelor’s Degree Program in Health Sciences concentration must:
- Maintain a 2.7 cumulative GPA
- Maintain a 2.5 Math and Science cumulative GPA
- Only two science, mathematics or PBH courses may be repeated to continue in the program.
General Education Core - 41 credit hours
Major Requirements - 28 credit hours
Additional Coursework - 57 credit hours
Total Required Hours: 126
* Service Learning: Students will earn a total of 30 service learning hours after successful completion of FYS 101 & FYS 102 .
** Community Service: Students must contact the Center for Career and Professional Development for pre-approved community service project to earn a total of 90 hours of community service by the end of their junior year.
*** Writing Proficiency Examination: Students must complete ENG 111 and ENG 112 with a minimum grade of ‘C’ to register for ENG 199 - Writing Proficiency Examination . Students who fail to take or do not pass ENG 199 must take ENG 200 - Review of Writing Strategies (3 credit hours).