Attention to student learning and success facilitate the fulfillment of the University’s mission. To that end, the College of Business has established student learning outcomes for each of its programs. Our student learning outcomes are aligned with the mission of the College of Business, which is aligned with the university mission. These learning outcomes have been established at the college-level, as well as the program-level. This allows for more meaningful discussion, analysis, and decision-making. The college-level outcomes are applicable to graduates of all programs in the College of Business. In addition, each degree program has specific program learning outcomes to be achieved by graduates from a given program. The learning outcomes are as follows:
College of Business Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of a degree program from the College of Business, all graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate critical job success skills necessary to secure and keep employment in business, industry, and government.
• Demonstrate knowledge of core business concepts necessary to succeed in a global society.
The following outcomes are in addition to the above college-level outcomes and are related to the specific degree program in which the student is enrolled.
Business Administration – International Business Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – International Business Concentration, graduates will be able to:
• Discuss the cultural impact on international business and recommend ways to do business in the global marketplace.
• Apply relevant skills to identify ethical and social responsibility problems and propose appropriate solutions.
Business Administration – Management Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Management Concentration, graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate and apply basic knowledge of the functions of management - planning, organizing, leading and controlling.
• Demonstrate the skills to identify entrepreneurial opportunities and the motivation to pursue them.
Business Administration – Marketing Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration – Marketing Concentration, graduates will be able to:
• Demonstrate and apply marketing mix variables - product, distribution, promotion and price.
• Prepare and deliver professional and effective business presentations which incorporate appropriate technologies.