The School of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM), in the tradition of liberal arts education, strives to offer a broad spectrum of courses and experiences for students. The programs are designed with careful attention to the needs of the students, the professional preparation of the faculty, and the resources and purposes of the college. The hallmark of the programs has long been its commitment to providing a quality education for students in biology, chemistry, computer science, mathematics and physics. Thus, the School seeks to satisfy the needs of students that:
- Plan to major in STEM disciplines.
- Seek to satisfy basic science requirements for entering graduate, medical, dental, chiropractic and other profession schools.
- Plan to compete successfully in the job market.
- Require natural science courses to support majors in other disciplines.
Dual Degree Programs
- Boston University, College of Medicine (BS/Medical Doctor)
- Columbia University, College of Engineering (BS/Bachelor in Engineering)
- Georgia Institute of Technology, College of Engineering (BS/Bachelor in Engineering)
- New York College of Podiatric Medicine (BS/Doctor of Podiatric Medicine)
- Texas Chiropractic College (BS/Doctor of Chiropractic Medicine)
- University of New Orleans, College of Engineering (BS/Bachelor in Engineering)
- Tulane University (BS/BE)
Graduation Requirements for the Bachelor of Science Degree
Completion of all program requirements as specified in the indicated curricula, including a grade of “C” or better in all required major and minor coursework. Students must earn at least the minimum passing grade, as described in the University Catalog or General Education Core which requires students earn a “C” or better to satisfy the English Core requirement.
- Air Force Office of Scientific Research
- Howard University, Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
- Los Alamos National Laboratory
- The Leadership Alliance
- University of Colorado at Boulder
- University of Nebraska Medical Center
- University of South Alabama, School of Medicine
- American College of Healthcare Administrators
- American Mathematics Society
- American Physics Society
- Beta Beta Beta National Biological Honor Society
- Beta Kappa Chi National Science Honor Society
- Chemistry Club
- Dillard On-Line System Computer Science Club
- Dillard University Chemical Society
- Mathematical Association of America
- Mathematics Club
- National Institute of Science Honor Society
- National Organization of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- National Society of Black Engineers
- Optical Society of America
- Pre-Medicine Club Sigma Pi
- Sigma Pi Sigma Physics Honor Society
- Student Health Advocate Association
- Undergraduate Student National Dental Association
- Upsilon Phi Delta Public Health Honor Society